Finnish Student Health Service – FSHS
Equal student healthcare services
For all students in higher education
All degree students in higher education are able to use FSHS services, as long as they have registered as an attending student for a particular term and paid the healthcare fee to KELA.
More information about the healthcare fee
Who can use FSHS services?
- University students (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree),
- Students at universities of applied sciences (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree)
- Police University College students (Bachelor’s degree)
- Civilian students at the National Defence University.
Who can’t use FSHS services?
- international exchange students
- students at open colleges
- postgraduate students (e.g. students studying for a PhD)
FSHS student healthcare services do not cover incoming exchange students, open university students, continuing education and postgraduate students, or commissioned education students.
Student healthcare services from A to Z
Does the FSHS provide tooth whitening? How about hearing assessments? What exactly is provided by the FSHS?
The FSHS services are set out in the Act on healthcare for students in higher education and in the Guide on Student Healthcare published by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. The guide specifies, among other things, the content of health and medical services.
The FSHS responsibility areas are:
- to provide students with health and medical care services
- to promote students’ health and ability to study, and
- to promote the well-being of the study environment and student community.
The FSHS services are provided nationwide in a uniform manner. In other words, you can access the same high-quality services irrespective of your place of study in Finland.
You can find more information on the FSHS website, in the section “Services”.
You can contact the Advocacy specialist Iida, iida.pilli-sihvola(at)opiskelijakuntakaakko.fi
Give feedback of FSHS services!
You can leave feedback of FSHS services through this form. Change the language from the top right corner of the form. Student Union Kaakko uses this feedback in its influencing work with FSHS.
Learn more about FSHS with the video below!
Learn more: https://www.yths.fi/en/fshs/fshs-2021/what-is-fshs-2021/