Absence and resigning from the Student Union
Absence from the Student Union
Not getting a semester or academic year sticker DOES NOT transfer the payments to upcoming semesters. Your membership automatically lasts the time you originally have paid for.
When you want to be absent at some point during your membership time, please contact the Student Union to have your membership fees transferred.
The absence needs to be informed:
- for the autumn semester by September 30th
- for the spring semester by January 31st
Resigning from the Student Union
Resignation from the Student Union can be applied by filling a document that you can get from our office. If you have paid your membership fees for the coming semesters, it is possible to ask them back using the same resignation document.
Unused membership fees will only be refunded if the student’s right to study at South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is not valid.
- The resignation form must be returned to the Student Union office by the deadline day. Autumn semester membership fee return must be applied by September 30th, and the fee will be returned at the latest by the end of the autumn semester. Spring semester membership fee return must be applied by January 31st, and the fee will be returned at the latest by the end of the spring semester.
- The student card must not contain a valid student sticker. Kaakko’s staff will remove the valid sticker.
- The amount to be refunded must be at least EUR 20.00. The refunded sum will be reduced by the handling fee before repayment.
- The student union charges a processing fee of five (5) euros for all refunds.
- If a student has inadvertently paid double (or more) membership fee, the extra fee will be refunded in full without a processing fee. However, the student body is not responsible for refunding any separate service fees charged by the e-commerce service provider.
- There is no right of cancellation in the student union membership. The membership fee will NOT be refunded if the conditions of membership are still met. Unused membership fees can only be refunded when the student has resigned from the South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences or has graduated.