Absence and resigning from the Student Union
Absent from the Student Union
Not getting a semester or academic year sticker does not transfer the payments to upcoming semesters. You are a member automatically the time you originally have paid.
When you want to be absent during the membership time, please contact Student Union to have your membership fees transferred.
The absence needs to be informed:
- for the autumn semester by September 30th
- for the spring semester by January 31st
Resigning from the Student Union
Resignation from Student Union can be applied with a document, you can get from our office. If you have paid membership fees in upcoming semesters, it is possible to ask them back with the same resignation document.
Unused membership fees will only be refunded if the right to study at South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is not valid.
- The resignation form must be returned to the Student Union office by the deadline. Autumn semester membership fee return must be applied by September 30th and it will be returned at the latest by the end of the autumn semester. Spring semester membership fee must be applied by January 31st and it will be returned at the latest by the end of the spring semester.
- The student card must not contain a valid student discount sticker. Kaakko’s staff will remove the valid sticker.
- The amount to be refunded must be at least EUR 20.00. The amount to be refunded will be reduced by the handling fee before repayment.