FSHS is coming, are you ready ?!
This means that the services provided by FSHS will also be available to UAS students. The reform will enter into force on 1st of January 2021 and will mean equal student health care for university and UAS students. The healthcare fee entitling to services will be paid to Kela from December 2020. More information about the fee coming later!
What do you get with this fee?
– health inspections according to individual needs
– organization of health and medical services
– mental health and substance abuse work
– sexual health promotion
– oral health care
– early identification of the need for special support or research by the student and support for the student and, if necessary, referral for further research or treatment
– promoting and monitoring the health and safety of the educational environment of the educational institution and the well-being of the student community
– monitoring and promoting the health and well-being of students and their ability to study
FSHS services are available to UAS students from 1st of January 2021. Appointments and more detailed information about the services will be published later. You can get more information about FSHS through this link.
The FSHS service points in Xamk’s campus cities are:
Mikkeli: Tarkk ´ampujankuja 6 (general and mental health)
Kouvola: Paraatikenttä 7
Kotka: Pääskysentie 1
Savonlinna: Will be confirmed later
Selected partners, oral health services:
Kotka: Coronaria Hammasklinikka Oy, Kotkankatu 16 B 42
Savonlinna: Suomen Terveystalo Oy, Olavinkatu 53
More information: https://www.yths.fi/en/fshs/fshs-2021/service-network/